background

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Financial Peace!

So I don't know about your house... but at my house things have gotten a little rough! Between my slow hours at work (lack of new housing market here in Denver), my gas guzzling Suburban... (which I filled up for a measly $104 last week, and of course it has no value as a trade in) and then the rise in all of the other costs like food and electricity... (my electric bill was double this month!) money has been very tight. My great friend Brooke recommended to me the book Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, I of course got it and took it with me last month on our camping trip to Montana. I was surprised to find how many people had read his book or attended his Financial Peace University (done a lot in churches) and followed his plan. His book was a very easy read and made a lot of sense and with a little discipline is easy to follow. It teaches you grown up things like budgets and how to save. I'm not talking about just chucking your left over money (left over money... funny I know) into a savings account but actually explains in real people terms how to make your money work for you. Tell me why they don't teach us this stuff in college? So anyway I just wanted to share with everyone... not the struggles at my house, because for sure our lives are so much better than a lot, but a place to find knowledge about your personal finances, an actual form for your budget, and how to find hope in the economy's struggles and of course to lessen the stress of the thing that seems to make the world go around... unfortunately... Money!


2 comments:

Shannon said...

Thank you for sharing this book and blogging more. I've loved catching up with your family. I miss you guys more than anything.

The Gratlands said...

Ryan and I went through finacial peace university last year! That is why I am able to stay home and make our budget work. It is tough but worth it. You should attend if you want to try it...and I agree why didn't they have this in college?