So we, being me and the new baby, made it to 25 weeks (last Sat). I am relieved to be this far along... and if I don't count how long I have left I am relieved to be past the half way mark by a few weeks. Keep in mind that I count 36 weeks as done! Adie was born at 36 weeks and 3 days so that's where I come up with these things!

Adie on her birthday, Oct 20, 2006
weighing in at 5lbs 9 oz 18" long
So this is what's going on in baby world... at 23 weeks, just after Thanksgiving, I spent the weekend on the sofa with contractions. Jeremy say's there not but what the hell does he know! It's not like it's his body or like he's ever given birth to a child ... so I just ignored him. I didn't call the Dr. becasue I already had a routine appointment the following Monday. Of course they did not like the news I was delievering to them and started quizing me about my pregnancy and delivery of Adie. They didn't like that news either. I had the same problems with Adie but at about 28 weeks. By the time they induced me at 36 weeks, due to my gestational diabetes, I was 2 cm dialted after 3 weeks of bedrest. Bedrest should have started sooner but I was stuborn and wouldn't listen. I enjoyed my life, job and friends far to much to be stuck on the sofa! Stupid me, huh!
me... 24 weeks pregnant
me... 24 weeks pregnant bad picture, I know....
Anyway back to this baby... the Dr. did an ultrasound, #6 for me, and learned that the cervix was long (4.5 cm, anything over 2.5 is good) and closed, but soft. (soft is what happens before it starts shortening and opening). So were good so far... however I did get the take it easy talk and we will see you back in a week! Ugh nothing like sharing the view weekly... if you know what I mean! So I visited the Dr. again last Thursday (the 11th) and this was the update... cervix still long, but about 1 cm shorter at 3.5 cm, closed and soft. So I shall return to the Doc again on the 23rd... I'll let you know. Oh and also on the agenda for the next Dr. apt is the glucose test to test for gestational diabetes... wish me luck... that sucks! Both the test and the diabetes! I swear these girls start out stubborn and persistant from the very beginning! Lord help me now!








No comments:
Post a Comment