I have to say this may be one of the most exciting day's in my pregnancy! Yes it probably tops finding out we were expecting and finding out the new baby is a girl! It seemed I was following the same pregnancy path as when I was prego with Adie which I have to admit was alittle scary!
With Adie I was on bedrest at 33 weeks for pre-term labor (should have been sooner but I don't mind very well), I had gestational diabetes at around 28 weeks (which means a very strict diet, far stricter than any weight loss diet) and Adie was induced at 36 weeks due to the dying of my placenta caused by the gestational diabetes. (which means no norishment to the baby).
So here we are in pregancy #2 and it was starting to look like it was going to be dejavu! Not somthing I was terribly excited about. My cervix is soft but not dialating. So that limits my daily activity. Definatly not strict bedrest by any means but a stern look and a "take it easy" from the doctor. So here we are at about 27 1/2 weeks and I was due to take the 1 hour glucose test to check for possible diabetes. I have to say I was not terribly optimistic! I took the 1 hour test right before Christmas which came back fairly elevated, not good. The normal range high is 139, mine was 178 and at 200 your in real trouble. So I then had to take the 3 hour glucose test which consists of 4 blood draws and 3 hours of sitting at the doctors office. Boring! So between having had GD before and my high 1 hour level I was positive I had it. So for the past few days I have been eating everything I know I shouldn't be! Smart... right? I just wanted to get my fill before they handed down that horribly strict diet. Well today... I got my results back and after my very long winded story I am so happy, maybe even proud to say... it was NEGATIVE! So I think I may need to adjust my perspective on this pregnancy and count my blessings! The first blessing being the pregnancy itself and of course the many blessing that come in small doeses along the way! Looks like 2009 is going to start out on a very positive note! Happy New Year everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Yay! I'm so glad you escaped GD this time! Good to hear something from you - I was getting worried with no posts. I hope your holiday was wonderful, now we're ready for babies in 2009!
Happy New Year!
-Monica
Post a Comment