background

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Texas Bound!

A few weekends ago Jeremy and I headed to Texas for our good friend Ruben's wedding! Ruben was Jeremy's best man in our wedding exactly 6 years before! The wedding was in College Station, don't worry Ruben's new wife Kilee is NOT an Aggie, she just grew up there. :) Anyway we had scheduled Colby's summer stay with us to return to Austin the weekend we were going! It was great fun just hanging out with Colby like old times! So we dropped off the girls at Jeremy's parents house and the 3 of us were Texas bound! We landed in Austin, got all of our stuff and then headed to the rent car! I had a coupon for 2 free upgrades (I'm a coupon freak). And guess what lucky us we got a... drum roll please... Chrysler Seabring... what that's an upgrade! So as we loaded the car there was a new Camero parked next to ours. Long story short... I had to have the camero! I mean after all we were going to go act like we were in college again and we were kid less, I needed a red sports car for old times sake! Did you know that a sports car normal rents for $150 a day? Yikes! But they were running a special for $80 a day and I had a coupon... we got it for $60! Awesome!!! and it was so fun to drive!
After dropping Colby off at his house we headed out of town to College Station. After realizing that we were driving through, Bastrop I decided I couldn't pass right by my grandparents house and not stop by. It was a great surprise for them to see us, although I think they were disappointed to not get to see the girls. We had only planned to stay an hour or so but my Grandaddy offered Jeremy a drink and cigar and we stayed much longer! It was great for my Mimi and I to be able to visit for as long as we did, and to have each others undivided attention! (this would be a great place to insert a pic of my Mimi and grandaddy but I didn't take one! I swear I could kick myself half the time! I AM going to get better about this!)

We arrived in College Station about 10:30 and headed straight to the Dixie Chicken! Let the college life begin! Although I am a Red Raider I still have some great memories of visiting College Station both to see some of my high school friends and my super sweet sis and bro in law!

(showing our school spirit at the Chicken)

On Saturday Jeremy played golf with the boys and I slept in! Til NOON! Awesome! Then I headed to the mall by myself! It was fabulous! Not the mall, but the time to myself! Jeremy and I met up for lunch with the rest of the group at Wings N More, another great College Station dive and then it was time to get dressed for the wedding!

The venue was an outdoor location outside of town... thank God for GPS! The ceremony was very nice and the grounds were beautiful! But it was hot... August Texas Hot! Thankfully the ceremony was short and the reception was inside. We shared a table with another college friend Theresa (she was in architecture school with Jeremy) and another friend of hers. We had a great time catching up at the wedding and then the 4 of us headed back to the Chicken, drank beer and played domino's! God I LOVE Texas!
(aerial look at the venue... pretty!)
Kilee & Ruben
pretty cake! it looks a lot like mine did!
Theressa dancing to Ice Ice Baby!
College Friends! Ruben (architect), Theressa (architect), me (interior designer), Jeremy (architect) All good architects need a great interior designer!
Sunday morning came way to soon! We had stayed out tooo late for 30 year olds and had promised Colby we would come get him for breakfast before we left town. It added an extra hour to our trip, since we had to pass the airport to get back to his house, so we had head out early! Luckily I got a nap in the car! It was the only time I let Jeremy drive the car all weekend! Half in fear he would wreck it and the other half just being selfish... it was so fun to drive! Although after driving a Suburban and a Tahoe for so many years I felt like I was in a sardine can! So after a nice breakfast with Colby we headed to the airport and back to Colorado! The trip was uneventful and I was happy to see my girls! It's always hard to leave them behind... such mixed emotions not to have them and have time to yourselves! The struggle of many mommies, I know! Oh and also I should mention... it was Jeremy and my 6th Anniversary! Happy Day to us!

No comments: