background

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New office!

I started my 4th week at Richmond American Homes as a junior designer this week! It has been an interesting experience for me, acclimating from my normal come and go, dress how you please office environment to a corporate environment. All in all things are working out. I of course have had my moments and frustrations, it can be hard to adapt to another way of doing things and having to prove your abilities to a new set of people. But the girls in the merchandising department are all very nice, which of course helps! Probably my biggest struggle is less time with my girls. I really felt like I had found the perfect situation, working 3 days and staying home 2. However as we all know things change, and for me, I always believe for a reason. So for now I am working everyday and my girls are going to school... I don't think it's forever but I am willing to ride the ride that God hands out to me! Even if I have to remind myself of that daily!

Here is pics of my cube... also a first for me! In some regards it's nice to have your own cozy space but on the other hand I hate not being able to see what's going on around me! I guess I will just have to aim high... I see an office with windows and a door in my future!Messy, I know! But a design job is a messy one... so many pieces to fit together the puzzle!
This is the current model I am working on. It's the Harvard plan and is in Maryland. It is scheduled to install in late October so I will pics of how it turns out then. At Richmond all of your fabric and color selections are predetermined by the design director. I was lucky enough to get the "chili pepper, linen" scheme. In other words Red! My most favorite color!

I got assigned 8 more models last Monday... so my plate continues to get more full! Job security... right?

2 comments:

Misty said...

Job security is good. So do you travel to these homes to stage them or do you just set the schemes and other people do it? Your job sounds fun either way. Maybe you can talk them into a causual Friday so you can wear jeans ;)

The Kuhlmans said...

Love the cube! You have a great attitude about the way life works . . . I'll try to remember that too. Glad things are going good!