background

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

New York, NY and Hoboken, NY!

As many of you know, Jeremy is a huge U2 fan! A few months ago he came to me with this proposed trip... let's go see Paige, Eric, & Baby Addison (his youngest brother and family) in NY and oh while we are there I can go see U2... hum coincidence... not likely! And what else is a good wife supposed to say other than "great idea dear!" of course it does help that NYC is my most favorite city!

So the time finally came and we packed up the girls and all the stuff that traveling with children entails and flew off to NYC!

Paige, Eric and Baby Addison (she just had her 1st birthday the week before we were there) live in Hoboken, NJ... just a short train ride (the PATH) from Manhattan. It was our first time to visit Hoboken and I was so impressed by what an adorable kid friendly place it was. And P & E's new condo was wonderfully beautiful! Good job guys!

So here is goes ... day one (of 7) of our NYC trip... (Wednesday, September 23rd)

We arrived in the area around 2pm and took a car service to P&E's house. After unloading all of our goods (P&E were still at work) we headed out for a stroll on Washington street (the main drag) to find lunch and dessert and then a walk on the waters edge complete with a beautiful view of the Manhattan skyline!
old McDonald's sign on Washington Street
How many of you watch Cake Boss on TLC? I can't say that I watch it all the time but I do enjoy it on occasion. So a few months ago while I was watching they mentioned that they were located in Hoboken... so of course we had to go visit and try it all out! We didn't get to see the boss himself... but maybe next time. They are only a few blocks from P & E's house so I'm sure we will be back!

Jeremy & the Girls in front of Carlos Bake Shop AKA The Cake Boss


Adie with all of the goodies inside... WOW there were ton's of cookies!
and cupcakes....
yum, yum!


Our box of cupcakes... hey you gotta document it all :)

that's one happy girl! the one with the pink rose is what Adie picked!


messy... lets just say we had green everywhere!
So after lunch we headed to the Hudson River to check out the park and Manhattan skyline!
the Hoboken train station... what a pretty building!
love this!
can you tell how much I LOVE Manhattan!


skyline through the park... love this one!
sorry for the abundance of skyline pictures... but I just can't get enough of it!
monkey Adie
and another one...
this was painted on a wall near a local park... I just thought it was awesome! the wall went on and on with cute pics...
After lunch on Washington Street, Cake Boss cupcakes and a stroll at the park and waterside the girls and I headed back to the condo to see Auntie Paige and Baby Addison. We had a nice dinner and caught up a bit and headed off for a much needed early bedtime! As for Dad, well he headed to Giants Stadium to see his beloved U2 in concert! He had an awesome time with his brother and I'm sure was in heaven!
U2 MUSE tour Eric & Jeremy (baby brother & middle brother) with the MUSE stage behind them...
pretty cool huh!
Stay tuned for day 2!

4 comments:

Monica said...

Great pics!! I've never been to NY, but I definitely think I need to go!

Heather said...

Very jealous about the cake boss. I love that show!

Eric said...

I'm just catching up this morning on your blog...great pics! We enjoyed having you guys and look forward to spending Thanksgiving with the fam.

Misty said...

Cool pics. Looking forward to day 2. NY is in my list of places to visit. Unfortuantly Clint does not like to travel unless its Vegas. Maybe I'll have to plan a trip with my mom & Kolby :)