Just when we thought spring was on it's way and were enjoying record high temperatures in the upper 70's. Good old mother nature reminded us where we live and what March in Colorado is really like! After all March is the snowiest month of the year! Last Wednesday night we went to bed with dry streets and light winds and woke up to snow! Jeremy headed off to work as usual but was sent home just 2 hours later as this years spring blizzard blew in. It continued to snow all day, all night and by the next morning the sun was bright and shinning again. By the time the storm had moved on, we had 10 inches of snow, a good amount, but by no means the most we've ever seen in March. (2002 we got 3 feet). So needless to say we were a little snowed in. The city was shut down... all government offices closed and the malls locked up tight!
Adie and I had a great time! We cooked (chili, breakfast casserole, flank steak, pudding... dinner's made for the whole week!), we watched The Wizard of Oz and Annie, Adie's favorites. She swam in the bath tub and we painted her fingers and toes! Something she really loves! All in all we had a great time together, while Daddy worked from home :( Oh and Emmy slept!
I'm sure by now you have all seen our house covered in snow, but I can't help it I have to take pictures every time! So here you go!

Pink fingers & toes!

Our house... the snow already started to melt... I couldn't talk Jeremy into going outside while it was still snowing!

backyard

backyard with Adie's toys burried in the snow








No comments:
Post a Comment