background

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 7, 2009

8 days in Texas

Since work is so slow for me right now I decided to load up the girls and head to Texas for a week! As I mentioned this to everyone else they all decided to freak out that I was going to drive across country by myself with the girls. Jeremy said he would take off a few days and come with me but I told him someone had to work so he needed to stay here. So a long story and lots of planning and discussing later I headed to Dallas.
Day one - Tuesday

My Dad flew to Denver, we picked him up at the airport and started driving to Texas! Poor guy... doesn't sound like fun to me! But we really enjoyed his company! After all he was all ours and a captive audience for 2 whole days! When your grown up you don't seem to get to spend quality time with your parents so I really enjoyed his company! Enjoyed ours too.... well at least for the first day in the car! So off to Amarillo we went... (7 hour drive)

Day two - Wednesday
Amarillo to Ft. Worth to spend the night at Dad's house. (6 hour drive)



Adie in Granpa Jerry's legend car

Barker dog... we love you
Adie in Scott's corvette from the Texas Driving Experience... Scott has it at the race shop to work on it
After we got to Ft. Worth we went over to my Aunt Kimberlee and Uncle Rick's house for dinner. We had a great time sitting by the pool visiting and eating dinner. My Aunt Kimberlee made a yummy flank steak, rice, salad and grilled asparagus! Yum! and for dessert... angel food cake with strawberries and snickerdoodle cookies! I am really kicking myself because I didn't take any pictures!

Day three- Thursday

Lunch with my great friend Kim at Cafe Express - one of my Dallas favorites! They have the best black currant iced tea! After lunch we took the girls to the Dallas Arboretum! It was beautiful and so much fun. They had story book play houses this year!
















Thursday night we had dinner with my high school friends at Mi Cocina... and once again I am kicking myself that I didn't take any pictures! I got to meet Kevin and Monica's little boy Lincoln who is about 20 days younger than Emmy and Misty's baby boy Kolby who is about a month older than Emmy! How fun! I can't wait to watch these babies grow up! And my great friend Eric was there... he's getting married next May so we will see how quickly he has babies!
Day Four... continued in next blog
stay tuned to our Texas adventure!

1 comment:

The Kuhlmans said...

It was good to see you and your girls. Next time we'll take pictures, I promise!
-Monica