background

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Texas Day 6!

Day 6 of our Texas trip...

Emmy still had family to meet so we got up early and headed to the Embassy Suites Hotel in Grapevine where my Uncle Jeff is the head chef! We met up with my mom's sister Dona, my cousin's Kaitlyn and Jerica, my brother, mom, Mike and of course Chef Jeff! And at last I did take pictures this time!Adeline, Kaitlyn, Chef Jeff and Jerica

Kaitlyn taking a picture of my mom taking a picture of her... silly girls!

me... good god woman put on some make-up, Jerica and KT

Me and Jerica

so obviously I'm missing a few people.... I will ahve to get those pics from Kaitlyn. So after lunch we headed back to Dad's house to pack up for Lubbock! This would be interesting... buy buy my pretty suburban we are downsizing to a Tahoe! 13 inches is a ton of room! Dad got it handled for me and when we had everything sardeened in the short truck and I was ready to go my keys went missing! An hour later when I was so close to tears I found them in the house in a cup. The saddest part is I have no idea if Adie put them there or if I put them there to keep Adie from loosing them! At one point my dad says Jamie jsut think about it, where did you put them.... how do you explain to a man, that when you have a 2 1/2 year old and a 2 month old and have hardly slept for the past 5 days that thinking just isn't an option?


So when I was just about to give up and spend another day in Dallas the keys turned up so off to Lubbock we went! The only part of the trip anyone would let me do by myself! 5 hours later we made it safely to Lubbock but not before I got pulled over by the highway patrol for speeding! Anyone surprised? Not me... so when he asked me if I knew why I had been pulled over ... I just laughed! But it got even more comical... here I am in a stuffed Tahoe with 2 kids, Texas license plates and CO drivers license and he asks to see my insurance card. I open the glove box only to remember when I had the truck detailed the car wash people took everything out of the glove box and put it in a while trash bag that during the crazy rummaging throught the truck for the keys is... well hell at this point I have NO idea! I proceed to tell him the story he laughs and says he will look it up on his computer.... so I then have to explain to him that the truck belongs to my dad, insured by my dad, purchased by me (in the process of) and also insured by me in Colorado... so good luck with that one! He's says he was able to find insurance on it... who knows... and then the sweet little man gives me a .... WARNING! Ha he must have felt totally sorry for me and all of my craziness!


Welcome to Lubbock! Home of the Texas Tech Red Raiders! Guns Up!

God I love that place, what awesome memories and fun times!


No comments: