background

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

An Little to Exciting of a Weekend!

We had an all to exciting weekend! We went camping with our good friends the Mohlenkamps, Robin, Jami, Trevor & Macy. There family has "Christmas in July" every year complete with lights and a tree! Needless to say we didn't get to celebrate Christmas with them... here is why!
Colby & Trevor
A very happy Dog!
Jeremy putting up the tent
Miss Adeline enjoying her sleeping bag
A beautiful view! I always love to spend time in the mountains!
Here is why we missed Christmas! On Saturday afternoon Jami & Jeremy decided to go on an ATV ride with the boys. After being gone for a short time Jami came back to camp without Trevor (who was riding with him) and without the second ATV caring Jeremy & Colby. As I watched him pull up to came I knew something was going on but I really couldn't get it sorted out in my head. Robin went to him obviously concerned that Trevor was not with him. I over heard him say to Robin that Trevor was fine and then ask Robin's Dad, Mike to come with him there had been an accident. At this point Jami tells me Colby is OK.... and Jeremy is a little beat up. Of course my heart is pounding and I'm starting to panic. I ask him if we are going to the hospital and he just stares at me... when I tell him I need to know he just says he doesn't know. But the ghostly white look on his face spoke volumes. I got left behind at camp to wait for them to come back, that only lasted a short time before I couldn't just wait any longer. After figuring out that Jeremy had the truck keys with him and we had no car to drive, Robin and I walked to the road and waited.... Finally Jami came back with Jeremy and Colby in his car. Colby was OK not a scratch on him ... his hand hurt a little but he was mostly concerned about his Dad who was definitely going to the hospital!
Jami & I made a 20 minute drive into Fairplay, CO to the fire station where Jeremy was loaded into an ambulance and transported another 45 minutes to Frisco, CO (near Breckenridge) to the hospital. The 20 minute drive to Fairplay was very scary for Jami and I. Jeremy had no idea where he was or what had happened. Even after we told him what was going on he immediately couldn't tell us. Let me tell you watching your husband and the father of your children not coherent is really scary!
Later Jami told me that the ATV hit a rock with one wheel and was launched into the air with Jeremy and Colby on it. The flipped and flew about 40 feet and fell off, Jeremy landing face first with Colby basically riding Jeremy's back to the ground. Thankfully Jeremy took the impact for Colby and he walked away with literally not a scratch on him. Colby's hand is hurting him pretty good but after xrays, just to be on the safe side, it is only bruised. Jeremy however tore his pants all up and cut his forehead arms and hips. After getting up he looked at Jami and said "what happened to that one?" He literally had no idea he had even been on it.
Thankfully all has turned out OK. A cat scan told us that Jeremy was fine, no internal injuries, just a bad concussion and some scrapes and bruises. We are thanking God for watching over Jeremy and Colby and keeping them safe (relatively speaking).
Our biggest lesson in all of this... wear a helmet! If Jeremy had hit a rock instead of just the hard ground I could be telling a very different story! (Colby had one on, Jeremy did not)
We hope all of you have a fun and safe summer!
Summit Medical Center
Jeremy & Colby, after we know they are OK. I really wanted to take a picture of Jeremy in the ambulance but decide maybe that wasn't such a good idea. (I was pretty sure by the time we got to the hospital that he was going to be OK) But I'm kinda kicking myself that I didn't now!
The Boys and their ATV
the many "extra" pieces
this says it all!

No comments: