Adeline loves all thing ballet! Every Friday at school she has ballet and tap and I think it is her favorite day of the week! (Wednesday music takes a very close second!) Adie practices her dance all over the house showing us shuffles and tendu's, but her very favorite are curtsies!
This weekend Adeline and I had a "Mommy & Adie" date and went to see Beauty & The Beast at the Colorado Ballet. This was extra exciting seeing as Adie also love's all things princesses!
Adie could barely wait for the show to start and I have to say I was pretty excited myself! What a great girls night out! We had fantastic seats, in the orchestra section about 10 rows back right in the very center! (thanks to a good friend of mine at work who also works part time at the ballet). I really don't think they would have been any better even if they were front row!Adie truly enjoyed herself! I couldn't believe how she literally watched their every move and was able to interpret the dancers emotions in their dancing. She told me the story as it was happening and said "oh Belle is sad because the beast made her daddy leave" and towards the end of the show she said "the beast is nice now". I was truly amazed at not only her interest in the entire show but also her understanding! Wow, aren't kids amazing! And lucky for us all of the people around us were equally amazed at her interest and didn't mind her telling the story!
The show ended around 10:30 pm and my little dancer was not only still wide eyed and enjoying herself but clapped for the dancers and enjoyed their numerous curtsies. As we left the ballet I was so excited to share such a wonderful evening with Adie at something we could both equally enjoy!


The show ended around 10:30 pm and my little dancer was not only still wide eyed and enjoying herself but clapped for the dancers and enjoyed their numerous curtsies. As we left the ballet I was so excited to share such a wonderful evening with Adie at something we could both equally enjoy!








No comments:
Post a Comment